The programme is research-oriented. Students should show ability for independent work and inform themselves in depth about the fields of knowledge relevant to the topic of their projects. The minimum requirements for students in the PhD programme will be two seminars a year. In addition to satisfying the programme requirements and other requirements as prescribed by the Division, students will be required to submit a research thesis and pass an oral examination for graduation.
Fields of Specialization
Topic in the Principles of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
Topics in Orthopaedic Specialization
- Sports Medicine
- Adult Joint Reconstruction
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaeic
- Spinal Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Hand Surgery
Topic in Orthopaedic Basic Sciences
- Soft Tissue Healing
- Bone Healing and Regeneration
- Biomedical/Mechanical or Electronic Engineering
However, topics outside the above fields would also be considered.
Please visit the Division’s homepage for more information.
In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, applicants should preferably have a Master’s degree in a field related to life sciences, degree of MBChB, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
HKPFS Application Deadline
(for PhD programmes only)
- To submit an initial application to RGC: By 12 noon, 1 December 2020 (Hong Kong time); and
- To submit full application to CUHK: By 5 pm, 1 December 2020 (Hong Kong time).
Please refer to HKPFS page for more details.