The objective of this programme is to train students to make independent contributions to the advancement of psychological knowledge. Students are required to complete a minimum of 42 units of courses (excluding thesis research courses), pass a candidacy examination, and submit a research thesis and pass an oral examination for graduation.
Fields of Specialization
Application of psychological research to the workplace to improve the well-being and performance of the people and the organization. Topics include talent management, engagement and motivation, learning and development, psychological assessment, leadership, group dynamics, and learning organization.
Please visit the Division’s homepage for more information.
In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, applicants should:
For the MPhil Stream
- possess a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or equivalent; and
- have obtained an overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
All MPhil applicants should also submit a statement of career aspiration and research interest (750 words in English).
For the PhD Stream
- possess a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or equivalent;
- have obtained an overall GPA of 3.5 or above or honours not lower than Second Class Upper; and
- have completed an individually supervised research thesis.
All PhD applicants should also submit:
- a research proposal in English (2500 words or above); and
- a statement of career aspiration and research interest (750 words in English).
All supporting documents including confidential recommendations should reach our Division on or before the application deadline.
HKPFS Application Deadline
(for PhD programmes only)
- To submit an initial application to RGC: By 12 noon, 1 December 2020 (Hong Kong time); and
- To submit full application to CUHK: By 5 pm, 1 December 2020 (Hong Kong time).
Please refer to HKPFS page for more details.