The HKUST Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Program is well-designed for senior executives who are motivated to equip themselves with rigorous doctoral training to enhance their research capabilities, gain exposure to latest business research trends across disciplines, and to carry out insightful applied research for influential informed business decision making in the interconnected world.
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Conduct applied research independently with their in-depth knowledge of different research methodologies;
- Articulate business and organization issues within their area of specialization; and
- Apply their advanced business knowledge and research skills in their business settings.
To qualify for admission, applicants must meet all of the following requirements. Admission is selective and meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
1. General Admission Requirements of the University
- Applicants seeking admission to a doctoral degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a proven record of outstanding performance from a recognized institution; or presented evidence of satisfactory work at the postgraduate level on a full-time basis for at least one year, or on a part-time basis for at least two years.
2. English Language Admission Requirements
Applicants have to fulfill English Language requirements with one of the following proficiency attainments:
- TOEFL-iBT: 80*
- TOEFL-pBT: 550
- TOEFL-Revised paper-delivered test: 60 (total scores for Reading, Listening and Writing sections)
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score: 6.5 and All sub-score: 5.5
* refers to the total score in one single attempt
Applicants are not required to present TOEFL or IELTS score if
- their first language is English, or
- they obtained the bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an institution where the medium of instruction was English.
3. Additional Information
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least twelve years of managerial experience.
- Applicants will be asked to submit a proposal on a research idea that they would like to pursue.