The basic qualification necessary for admission to research postgraduate studies is a good honours degree from this University or an equivalent qualification from a comparable institution.
Applicants from institutions outside Hong Kong where the language of instruction and examination is not entirely in English are required to fulfil the English Language Proficiency Requirement stipulated by the Graduate School.
The criteria of selection includes the strength and potential of the research proposal, previous research & analytical writing experience, academic excellence/training and letters of recommendation.
From 2018/19 academic year, all local students enrolled in UGC-funded RPg programmes will be provided with tuition waiver by the Government.
- Identify potential supervisor(s)
- Contact the potential supervisor(s) to discuss your proposed research proposal
- Submit online application at: https://www.gradsch.hku.hk/gradsch/rola/online-application-for-mphil-phd-admission
- Submit the following supporting documents via the online application system by the deadline:
- Degree certificates
- Transcripts of all tertiary studies with grading scheme
- A personal statement (1 page)
- A detailed research proposal
- Two recommendations
- Official score report of English language proficiency tests (if applicable)
Applicants must submit the application with all supporting documents online by 12:00noon on 1 December 2020.
Please visit https://www.gradsch.hku.hk/gradsch/downloadable-forms/prospective-students for the suggested format of a research proposal.
The format only serves as a suggested framework. Applicants may, at their discretion, use either format or add more section(s) to the form.
Scholarship, funding and fees
Please visit http://www.gradsch.hku.hk/gradsch/prospective-students/scholarship-funding-and-fees
Applicants may check the application result at https://extranet.hku.hk/rola/servlet/LoginSupportDoc/displayForm
Please check the FAQs at https://www.gradsch.hku.hk/gradsch/faq
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.