The Institute for Social Law provides education and conducts research in the broad field of social law, including welfare law and youth protection law. It has a rich research tradition in both fundamental and policy-relevant research.Website unit
Researcher with a broad interest in social protection and wanting to teach small groups of students.1. Doctoral research in the field of social security law. The exact subject will be agreed upon, but should fit into the broad theme of social protection.2. Teaching tasks in the field of social security law, in particular supervision of working lectures, seminar papers, master’s theses and support in some social security law subjects.
- Masters’ degree in law or final year law student, with good results (preferably at least level cum laude).
- Good knowledge of Dutch and preferably also of French and English.
- You enjoy doing research and are interested in scientific insights from other disciplines.
- You perform your work systematically and perseveringly.
- You combine self-confidence with openness to constructive criticism.
- You are proud of your own performance and appreciate the added value of teamwork.
- Full-time employment of a fixed duration as a research assistant (2 years, renewable, maximum 6 years in total), with an attractive salary.
- You will be part of a close-knit team.
- We stand for high-quality legal education and research, with attention to its social relevance and with openness to other disciplines.
- We offer you a stimulating and pleasant working environment, with full respect for academic freedom, commitment, critical thinking, and personal development.
- This function is linked to a salary scale 43.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Yves Stevens, tel.: +32 16 32 54 03, mail: email@example.com or Prof. dr. Johan Put, tel.: +32 16 32 54 14, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.You can apply for this job no later than May 18, 2021 via the online application toolKU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.