The Leuven Institute of Criminology (LINC) was founded in 2007. It currently groups about 70 professors, researchers and assistants involved in criminological research and teaching. LINC forms part of the Faculty of Law, KU Leuven.Website unit
The junior researcher will mainly work on a PhD in the field of policing and security. It will be evaluation research, but the specific topic will be decided in mutual agreement. It might be an evaluation of a project implemented by the police itself (e.g. in the field of crime prevention) or of projects that the police implements in cooperation with other actors (e.g. in the context of local security meetings or of an integrated approach of phenomena like domestic violence or antisocial behavior). It will be empirical research in Belgium. This will mainly use qualitative research methods, but might also include quantitative methods.
In addition to that, the junior researcher will,together with his/her colleagues, also provide support for various courses in the bachelor of criminology. These could be courses (in Dutch) on organisation-centered methods of the criminological intervention (C00A6A and C01A1B), but also the qualitative part of the three courses(in Dutch) in methodology (C00A2A, C00A3A en C00A4A).
- You have a master degree in criminology or in other social sciences or humanities (e.g.public management, political science, sociology, organisational psychology, law) and you obtained very good marks (at least once ‘cum laude’).
- You have a good knowledge of and a demonstrable interest in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You are excellent at academic writing.
- You have the necessary teaching skills.
- You like to work in team and are skilled in teamwork.
- You have excellent oral and written skills in Dutch.
Weoffer an appointment of 2 years as 100% junior researcher that can be extended.
Thisfunction is linked to a salary scale 43.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Jeroen Maesschalck, tel.: +32 16 32 55 58, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.You can apply for this job no later than May 18, 2021 via the online application toolKU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.