Healthcare, particularly home care, is affected double by the demographics. The ageing population causes a higher demand by elderly citizens, and simultaneously, healthcare is facing a decreasing number of employed caregivers. Home care organizations’ challenge is finding solutions for a growing workload and a decreasing workforce.
Therefore, this relevant research will focus on strengthening capabilities within home care. First, the external perspective is on stimulating innovative suppliers to drive innovations supporting nurses, caregivers, and patients. Secondly, the internal view focuses on accepting innovations to increase patient value and decrease healthcare expenditures to create impact. It further identifies the competencies required for implementing innovative technologies in home care in the broadest sense.
As a PhD candidate, you will conduct in-depth research on capacity building in the home care sector, innovation adoption, and supplier mobilization by employing qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
You will collaborate closely with (Dutch) healthcare organizations, practitioners, suppliers, regulatory authorities, patients and other stakeholders to gain comprehensive insights into the complexities of the healthcare sector.
Moreover, you will engage in regular interactions and knowledge exchange within the “lab” setting in collaboration with expert supervisors.
We look for a highly motivated researcher who is driven by curiosity and has/is:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field like Public Administration, Procurement, Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Public Health, et cetera (candidates close to graduating are encouraged to apply);
- A good team spirit and the ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Communication and social skills related to working in interdisciplinary environments;
- Able to do independent research and demonstrably excellent analytical, research and scientific writing skills;
- Capacity for innovative, out-of-the-box, critical thinking and creative problem-solving;
- Persistent, dedicated and determined to finalize a PhD trajectory in four years;
English conversation, writing and presentation skills (at least C1). Command of the Dutch language (about B1 or willingness to learn) is an asset since empirical research is (partly) done in Dutch home care.
We encourage high responsibility and independence while collaborating with colleagues, researchers, other university staff and partners. We follow the terms of employment by the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO). Our offer contains a fulltime, 4-year PhD position with a qualifier in the first year; excellent mentorship in a stimulating research environment with excellent facilities; and a personal development program within the Twente Graduate School. It also includes:
- Gross monthly salary of € 2.770 in the first year, increasing each year up to € 3.539 in the fourth year;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- 29 holidays per year in case of full-time employment;
- A training programme as part of the Twente Graduate School where you and your supervisors will determine a plan for a suitable education and supervision;
- A green campus with free access to sports facilities and an international scientific community;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
- Full status as an employee at the UT, including pension, health care benefits and good secondary conditions, is part of our collective labour agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Are you interested in being part of our team? Please submit your application before December 8, 2023, and include:
- A cover letter (maximum 2 pages A4), emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications, and motivations to apply for this position;
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a list of all courses attended and grades obtained, and, if applicable, a list of publications and references;
- An IELTS-test, Internet TOEFL test (TOEFL-iBT), or a Cambridge CAE-C (CPE). Applicants with a non-Dutch qualification who have not had secondary and tertiary education in English can only be admitted with an IELTS test showing a total band score of at least 6.5, internet. TOEFL test (TOEFL-iBT) showing a score of at least 90 or a Cambridge CAE-C (CPE).
Additional information can be acquired via email from Dr Klaas Stek (email@example.com).