The goal of this project is to address economic questions in the field of auditing; in particular, the external audit in industries characterized by systemic risks (such as the banking sector). The specific focus of the project will be determined in consultation with the candidate, based on prior experiences or interests.
The candidate is expected to present their research results at national and international workshops and conferences, and to publish in high quality journals. The candidate will also be involved in teaching activities at the Brussels Campus of KU Leuven (e.g. supervising master or bachelor theses, practicum sessions, etc.).
- You have a master’s degree in Business Administration, (Applied) Economic Sciences, Business Engineering or an equivalent degree with good academic standing and a successful master thesis. You also need to meet the conditions described in sub-section 3 of the doctoral programme regulation available at the following link: https://admin.kuleuven.be/rd/doctoraatsreglement/en/phdregulation-feb#section-3
- You have a great interest in scientific research and good statistical skills.
- You wish to broaden your knowledge in the academic literature on audit and banking.
- You have good writing skills, especially in English.
- You excel in critically examining scientific literature.
- You do not shy away from presenting and discussing research findings in public (e.g. scientific conference, seminars).
- You are eager to learn and highly motivated to follow methodological courses.
A full time employment for 1 year, which can be extended to a maximum period of 4 years pending positive yearly evaluations.The candidate will be employed at Campus Brussels of the Faculty of Economics and Business of KU Leuven.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Ines Simac, tel.: +32 16 37 90 52, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.You can apply for this job no later than July 31, 2021 via the online application toolKU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.