The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) invites applications for 3-year positions as PhD in the area of Power Capacitors and their applications. The positions are located at the section Electrical Engineering in Sønderborg within the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE). The starting date for the position is as soon as possible in 2021, and it will be agreed with the successful candidate.
The task portfolio of the PhDs will be linked to several projects within CIE. CIE is embedded in a powerhouse in electronics, which includes researchers and developers at universities and industries on both sides of the Danish-German border. CIE is a new initiative striving for high quality and great impact of its research, innovation and education. Central to achieving this objective is access to state-of-the-art facilities and close collaborations with industries.
The aim of the position is to build strong knowledge and competencies within development and characterization of dielectric materials for capacitors. It includes development of theoretical models to support the experimental results.
Further information about this position is available from Associate Professor Thomas Ebel, Head of CIE, phone: +45 93 50 72 05, email: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of employment
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty.
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process. Shortlisting may be used.
The Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information on How to apply before applying.
The application deadline is 30.06.2021.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the above mentioned Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- References, if any. Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.